Source: D.C. United Communications
Orlando City 1 (1-2-2, 4 points) v. D.C. United 2 (3-0-1, 10 points)
2019 MLS Regular Season
March 31, 2019 - Orlando City Stadium, Orlando, Fla.
- Steven Birnbaum scored his first goal of 2019; the last time he scored was in the 1-1 draw with NYCFC on Sept. 8, 2018.
- Wayne Rooney recorded his fourth goal and third assist of 2019; he has four goals and three assists in four appearances.
- Chris McCann made his Black-and-Red debut in the 15th minute of the match to replace Joseph Mora.
- Luciano Acosta made his 99th MLS Regular Season appearance for the Black-and-Red.
- Bill Hamid conceded his first goal of 2019; the last time he conceded in a MLS Regular Season was in the 3-1 win against NYCFC on Oct. 21, 2018.
- Jalen Robinson made his first appearance for the Black-and-Red as an 86th minute substitute of the match.
- The Black-and-Red are 5-4-1 against Orlando City all-time.
- United are 1-1-1 against Orlando at Orlando City Stadium all-time; this was their first win at the venue.
- The Black-and-Red won on the road for the first time since the 3-1 win against San Jose on May 19, 2018.
- D.C. United started the the same lineup for the fourth consecutive game for the first time since 2014; that lineup was Bill Hamid, Sean Franklin, Bobby Boswell, Steve Birnbaum, Chris Korb, Nick DeLeon, Perry Kitchen, Davy Arnaud, Chris Rolfe, Luis Silva, Eddie Johnson.
- United remain undefeated this season after four matches.
Goals by Half
Orlando City SC Lineup:
Brian Rowe; Lamine Sané, Robin Jansson, Shane O'Neill, Ruan, Oriol Rosell (Sebastián Mendez 59'), João Moutinho, Carlos Ascues, Sacha Kljestan (Chris Mueller 59'), Dom Dwyer, Nani (Benji Michel 78')
Unused Substitutes: Santiago Patiño, Kyle Smith, Kamal Miller, Adam Grinwis
D.C. United Lineup:
Bill Hamid, Leonardo Jara, Joseph Mora (Chris McCann 15'), Steven Birnbaum, Frédéric Brillant, Luciano Acosta, Paul Arriola (Ulises Segura 68'), Russell Canouse, Júnior Moreno, Lucas Rodríguez (Jalen Robinson 86'), Wayne Rooney (c)
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Quincy Amarikwa, Chris Durkin, Zoltán Stieber
Referee: Armando Villarreal
Assistant Referees: Jeffrey Greeson, Andrew Bigelow
Fourth Official: Christopher Penso
VAR: Hilario Grajeda
AVAR: Kevin Klinger